Monday, March 31, 2008

Not such a good night

How rude! That is what I think of that stinking lab lady who bust in my door at 6AM to draw my blood for the gestational diabetes test. Seriously, why couldn't;t this of waited? She then in forms me I need to drink the funky orange drink, keep it down, then she would be back in 30 min to draw my blood. My response, "sure anything else I can do for you at 6am?" Not really, I did think that to myself. HA! After that ordeal my stomach just never seemed to get settled. I can;t imagine why. Tonight is mom's night to stay with me, when she got here she took me outside for my 30 minute wheelchair ride. Oh how I live for those 30mins. She took me to the side area (really the only place to go, since the hospital is under construction), I couldn't really see much, other than the side of the hospital, but it was a great view in my opinion. I couldn't believe how great the sunshine felt on me. Literally, a breath of fresh air. We went back inside and she went down and heated up dinner for us. My dad made me craw fish etoufee. YUMMY! I actually had it last night too. HA! We ate and enjoyed the food, but it wasn't too long before my stomach was very queasy, and to spare you the details, lets just saying I was running back and forth to the potty. The nurses started my nightly monitoring and you know it takes forever just to get all 4 babies on the machine, then you pray they all stay on so at least they can get 10min of monitoring. Well I hadn't been on the machine for 5 mins, when I told mom to get me unstrapped quick. I had no idea how hard it was to get 4 montor belts off at once, but she knew I wasn't feeling well, and she better hurry. I made it! Thank goodness! Then the nurse had to re-hook everything back up, thank goodness she was sweet and didn't mind. I know it is such a chore, much less have to do it twice in a row. I finished being monitored and they passed. YEAH! I got my nightly meds, oh how I love the Ambien! Then off to sleep we went, so I thought. WRONG! I was up all night running back and forth to the bathroom. Can I just mention how hard it is to get a quad belly & body out of the bed over and over again. I was so tired. My mom didn't get much sleep either. Hopefully, I will have a better day tomorrow.

No comments: